Wednesday, June 8, 2022

The Crafters Box Kit Review: Tunisian Crochet Workshop


Happy Wednesday everybody! I'm super excited to share this review of The Crafters Box "Tunisian Crochet Workshop" kit with you all! Let's get started! 😊


This review was provided by one of my sweet friends, who crocheted + wrote up her opinion on this kit, (which also happened to be her 1st time crocheting Tunisian-style!) - so this review is truly from a "first-time-Tunisian-crocheter's" perspective, in case any of you would like to try your hand at Tunisian crochet as well! 😉




Details: 


The Crafter's Box "Tunisian Crochet Workshop" kit 


Included in this kit is all of the essential information you'll need to learn + make this lovely & soft, Tunisian crocheted wool shawl





SO many fun goodies are inside this Crafter's Box workshop kit:

  • A custom, handmade 8mm steamed beechwood Tunisian Crochet Hook with a 36″ tube made in collaboration with a woodworking artisan group and designed by Toni Lipsey & The Crafter’s Box
  • 400g of our heathered worsted sport-weight wool yarn – a yarn chosen for its forgiving nature and it’s soft, cozy texture (x6 colorway combos to choose from - x2 combos pictured in the photo above, which is enough for 2 different shawls)
  • An in-depth, digital workshop + pattern
  • A darning needle for finishing

Here's my sweet friends review (written in her own words) for you all! 😊

"I. Love. This.

My first Tunisian crochet project. Once I figured out the pattern, it went super quick.

My thought processes work a little differently so if something seems easy to others, it usually takes more effort for me to understand. What threw me the most with the pattern is there seemed to be too many words; in essence, I got lost.

Dear Pattern Designer,

No offense - it's me, not you.

Sincerely,
xoxo

To everyone else, I encourage you to follow the pattern - especially to get started. 

After I saw where the footnote said there will be 4 stitch increases per row, I realized it consistently needed to be: one (1) increase after the first two TSS, one (1) increase before the last two TSS, and an increase on both sides of the center row.

Something like this (/ and \ are increases) 

||\|||||||\||/|||||||/||
 ||\||||||\||/||||||/||
  ||\|||||\||/|||||/||
   ||\||||\||/||||/||
    ||\|||\||/|||/||
     ||\||\||/||/||
      ||\|\||/|/||

Please note: this is not an accurate reflection of what the shawl will look like for real, it's just to show where the increases should be (at least, this is how I understood it), and it seemed to turn out right.

I already have a set of Tunisian hooks on the way. I want to make several more in different yarns. I think a finger weight would make a lovely lacy-type shawl. :)


This is a great shawl! "


Check out how amazing her 1ST Tunisian crochet project turned out below! 



Thank you SO much again to my sweet friend, for providing this wonderful review of The Crafters Box “Tunisian Crochet Workshop" Kit for all of us! 🌻



Have YOU ever tried Tunisian crochet? If so, comment below which is YOUR favorite project to make using this unique technique! 😊




Happy crocheting everybody!

~Brenna





Find + Follow Me:






All content property of BrennaAnnHandmade 2014-infinity.

No comments:

Post a Comment