Thursday, February 16, 2023

The Crafter's Box Kit Review: Hand-Poured Cement Workshop


Hi everybody! Happy Thursday! πŸ˜€ Today I'm super excited to share this review of The Crafter's Box "Hand-Poured Cement Workshop" with you all! Let's get started!

This review was provided by one of my sweet friends, who completed + wrote up her opinion on this kit for you all! 😊

Details: The Crafter's Box Hand-Poured Cement Workshop


SO many fun goodies are inside this Crafter's Box workshop kit:

  • Custom silicone mold with drainage hole (to use again and again)
  • Plastic molds
  • Clear plastic cup for mixing
  • 2 pounds of cement
  • Charcoal cement pigment
  • Stir sticks
  • Plastic sheeting to protect your workspace
  • Gloves
  • Sandpaper
  • A detailed, digital workshop


Here's my sweet friends review (written in her own words) for you all! 😊

"This was a great new experience, though the results weren't as planned. I was trying for the marbled effect, but the charcoal coloring somehow settled to the bottom. I'm sure I did something wrong, but I don't know what it was. πŸ€·‍♀️

Also, apparently there was a bit of dry cement that didn't get mixed in, evidenced by the additional hole in the tiny pot. As the cement was curing, I attempted to brush away what I thought was a fairly-thick layer of dust (don't ask) and it crumbled away, leaving a hole.  Not ideal but just chalked it up to being extra drainage. I didn't think I had missed getting it all mixed together well but again, I must have. 

The bigger pot doesn't have a hole drilled in the bottom as I don't have a drill. So instead of using it for live plants, I thought it could be used for decorative, plastic succulents or flowers; substituting in glass stones for dirt.

Overall, this was a really fun project and the video instructions were very well done! I'm really happy for the opportunity to try this makers box! 

Thank you BrennaAnn πŸ˜Š"

Check out how lovely her 1ST "Hand-Poured Cement" project turned out below! I think they turned out beautiful!






Thank you SO much again to my sweet friend, for providing this wonderful review of The Crafter's Box Hand-Poured Cement Workshop for all of us! 🌻





Have YOU ever tried
Hand-Poured Cement before? If so, comment below which is YOUR favorite project to make using this fun technique! 😊




Happy making everybody!

~Brenna🌻





Find + Follow Me:






All content property of BrennaAnnHandmade 2014-infinity.


No comments:

Post a Comment